Imperial College Union has reverted the house lager to Stella 4, little over three months after replacing it with Bud Light.

The decision was announced by the Union on Monday, and follows a survey carried out at the end of last term asking members for their top preference for the house lager. In a statement, a Union spokesperson told Felix: “The survey showed that students wanted Stella 4 to be our house lager. We have listened to this and acted accordingly.”

While the lager has returned, however, the cost per pint will increase by 10p, to £2.80. Matt Blackett, Deputy President (Finance & Services), previously made a manifesto promise of “no above-inflation drink prices”.

“While Stella 4 has returned to the bars, the price has increased by 10p, to £2.80 a pint”

Students responded positively to the change. One student told Felix: “I don’t normally get lager when I’m in the Union, but I’m glad to see Stella back.” Another said: “I enjoy the taste of Stella 4 more.” A Union spokesperson told Felix: “The Union is always looking to improve services for students and listening to students’ views is critical to this.” They said the survey would “shape our thinking on the future primary supplier tender process, ensuring student views lie at the heart of all the decisions we make.”

The initial removal of Stella 4 from the Union bars saw anger from students, who accused the Union of hypocrisy for not consulting their members on the change. A petition to “replace Bud Light with an actual beer” was quickly set up, attracting nearly 300 signatures. The Union claimed the change to Bud Light would save students over £10,000 during the academic year.