Following the success of the inaugural Frontiers in TBI (FITBI) conference in 2017, we welcome you to the 2nd FITBI conference this July at Imperial College London.

A two-day programme of talks, debates, and poster sessions that will cover scientific advances into the fundamental understanding of traumatic brain injury and its clinical management.

The conference has a broad scope and will be of interest to a range of scientific and clinical disciplines working within TBI. There will be a programme of invited talks from early stage researchers, as well as a faculty of internationally renowned scientists. Topics covered in this year’s conference will include:

• Neurodegeneration and TBI: Prof. John Hardy • Functional disorders and TBI: Dr. Alan Carson • Computerised cognitive assessment and training: Dr Adam Hampshire • Disorders of consciousness: Dr Srivas Chennu & Dr Davina Fernandez-Espejo • Non-invasive brain stimulation: Dr Lucia Li • Pre-hospital care: Prof. Mark Wilson • Computational modelling of TBI: Dr Mazdak Ghajari • Advances in neuroimaging: Prof. David Sharp •Sports and military TBI • Paediatric TBI

This year we are introducing a podium poster presentation session for a selection of the top submissions for the conference. Quick-fire presentations (~5min) will allow a wide range of submitted work to be highlighted. This is an excellent opportunity for early career researchers to showcase their latest work.

FITBI 2017 included two lively interactive debates (available online https://goo.gl/Th4qr8). Mark Wilson & Ian Walker debated whether cycling helmets should be compulsory. David Sharp & Lee Goldstein clashed over whether ‘concussion’ is a term best consigned to retirement. These was very entertaining and similar debates will be included in this programme.

This will be a dynamic and intimate conference, small enough to facilitate networking and the formation of new collaborations. Abstract submission for the poster competition and Early Bird registration will be open until the 26th of May (£180/£130 students/trainees). For more information and how to register,nplease visit: www.frontiersintbi.org @FrontiersinTBI