I hope you’ve enjoyed hunting for Easter chocolate eggs and that you don’t feel sorry for not letting your younger sister get more than two. Good job, by the way. But now that you are out of your sugar coma, it’s time to start wondering what you are supposed to do with all those kilos of chocolate you’ve acquired over the past month. I’m not saying that you can’t just eat them – God, forbid! – but maybe it’s time to feel like a decent human again. At least for a little bit.

Ingredients

• 300g chocolate
  • Salt
  • 300 ml double cream
  • 100 g sugar
  • Amaretto (to taste, but remember that you are trying to make mousse, not get drunk)
  • 1 tbsp (good quality) cocoa powder

Method

First, smash up the chocolate into relatively small pieces – yes, it’s time to unleash all the anger you have inside on the poor chocolate. Afterwards, simply melt it in bain-marie (do I have to explain this to you?). Actually, just go for students’ best friend: melt carefully in the microwave. Depending on your skill in the kitchen, you might want to add a little bit of butter, but this is not necessary.

Mix the double cream and the sugar in a separate bowl. Add the salt and the cocoa powder. When well-mixed, add the melted chocolate and keep mixing. This is the moment when you should taste it and make sure it does not need any finishing touches. You are still allowed to add extra sugar or a pinch of salt. It’s really hard to give directions when you are using a chocolate mix – assuming that you are using the Easter leftovers and not some baking chocolate chips. Finally, add some good old Amaretto. Up to taste, really. But you should also keep an eye on the consistency as you don’t want it to go liquid on you. Pour it in a fancy cup and decorate with nuts, pistachios or anything else you fancy (I normally go for the nut and strawberries variety). Let it sit in the fridge for at least three hours – it depends on the size of the serving.

Consume!