Getting out of bed in the morning is challenging. Let’s admit it, 10 extra minutes in bed seems a lot more attractive than getting ready for the day ahead. Before you realise, those 10 minutes become 30 minutes and you’re rushing out the door in a frenzied panic. This recipe is guaranteed to get you excited about waking up. As luxurious as dessert, this healthy and satiating carrot cake porridge bowl, seeping with melty chocolate and anti-oxidant rich blueberries are the ideal way to start your day.
- In a small pot add oats, grated carrot, all the spices, liquid and a pinch of salt.
- Turn up the heat to medium and stir constantly (this is really important as it distributes the starch and means your oats are really creamy!).
- Cook for ~ 5-7 minutes until the oats become thick and creamy or reach your desired consistency.
- Add in the Flavdrops if using and quickly plate up. Top with the chocolate and blueberries and let the chocolate do its thing.
- Enjoy! (Don’t forget to smear the melted chocolate with your spoon… so satisfying!)